How many of you are working in a small town? Maybe some of you, like me, sometimes work out of your house and love it. Well this episode is for you!
I’m sitting down with Ron Andrews of King Cage. Ron runs this highly successful company from his home right here in Durango, and he’s sharing is secrets to small-town success.
We’re getting into keeping with your founder’s vision, knowing how big you want, or don’t want, to your company to be, and keeping your business organized in your house. Ron’s also talking about how he got the idea for King Cage, and where his product line has expanded from his original product.
For all of you trying to hustle outside the big city, this episode is full of advice from someone who’s living the passion-driven entrepreneur’s dream!
Bravery and Business Quote
“Quality and consistency is what you’ve really got to stick with.” Ron Andrews
(click to tweet)
The Cliff Notes
- Living near people who are experts in their field is a great asset to you, no matter where you live.
- Having customers who are excited about your product brings more enthusiasm and energy to your work and company psyche.
- Don’t feel unable to leave your current job. Find a way to support yourself doing what you love.
- Look for trade shows in your industry to expand your reach and customer base.
- Specialize your products. Once you have a product that sells well, look for ways to improve and personalize it to your niche.
- Add value to your product. What can you do to help your clients even more than you already are?
- Advertise at a rate that you can sustain your business. Don’t look for orders so big you won’t be able to fulfill them.
- Keep your company the size you want it. Don’t feel pressured to expand or grow in ways that aren’t consistent with your founder’s vision.
“It’s easy to connect with a person because it is so intimate here and close.” Ron Andrews
(click to tweet)